MEET OUR CHIEF EDITOR
I’m Allison Compton-MacComb and I’m the chief editor with Writers’ Tears Literary Consulting and Editing.
- I’m a former high school English teacher.
- I have 5 years of experience working on marketing research, content development, and content strategy projects.
- I have a detailed knowledge of digital marketing which lends itself well to promoting e-books online.
- I read a minimum of one book per week and deeply understand the style and voice of modern novels and short stories.
Curious about how the editing and literary consulting process works?
- We do a full read through the manuscript making
high levelnotes and a timeline of the plot, but mostly I try to understand and enjoy the manuscript as a reader.
- Then we review the notes to decide the areas which may need the most attention.
- After this, we re-read the manuscript and focus on the details to discover plot holes, point-of-view issues, consistency in your characters, and tone of voice.
- After we have analyzed your submitted piece, we write up the full writers’ report.
- We will send the report and schedule the half-hour
followup call with you.
We conduct the half-hour follow up call so your editor can answer any questions you have about the report.
Book a consultation
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.